The School provides a limited amount of travel funding each semester to support graduate students who are actively participating in conferences, taking part in experiences that are directly related to their academic endeavors or supplementing their professional experience. Funds are provided by private donors and recipients will be asked to write thank you notes.
Travel funds are budgeted in three terms (fall, spring, summer) and requests will be granted on a first-come/first-served basis until the funds are exhausted in each term. It is recommended that travelers plan as far in advance as possible so that they can obtain the best prices on air transportation and lodging and be competitive for these funds.
Applicant must be a current iSchool student in good academic standing.
Enrollment in the term in which the award is received is required.
Procedures for Applying
- Applicants must complete an iSchool student funding form https://illinois.edu/fb/sec/5656243
- Application must be completed as soon as you are able to provide confirmation of your travel plans
- Proof of travel documents and/or official conference publication or notification that indicates the student's participation in the program are required in order for award processing to be completed
Application Review Process
Applications will be reviewed and students will be notified within 5 business days by the Executive Associate Dean for Academic Programs and the Assistant Dean for Student Affairs. If the application is approved students will receive further instructions for processing purposes.
Other Important Information
- iSchool funding will only offset costs of student travel. In no circumstances will funding be provided to support the entire cost of the experience.
- Approved international students may find some delays in the processing of their awards due to the fact that the University often requires additional documentation in order to finalize the award.
- For international travel the university requires that students purchase student travel insurance. Please go to http://www.international.illinois.edu/resources/safety-security/insurance.html to learn more about this and to purchase the insurance.