Room 109 Information
To reserve Room 109, contact the main office in Rm 112 (333-3280). Please submit an AV request if you need technical support.
Room 109: capacity is 15 people.
Dual boot Mac Mini running Mac and Windows.
- Ethernet port for instructor's computer.
- Ethernet port for iSchool-owned laptops.
- Ethernet port for personal laptops running Tech Services VPN.
- Wireless internet.
- LCD projector.
- Projector screen.
- VGA cable for laptops.
- HDMI cable for laptops.
- Network jack for speakerphone labeled "IP PHONE."
- Note: speakerphone only available by request.
- Wired mouse for instructor's machine.
- Wired keyboard for instructor's machine.
- Bluetooth wireless mouse.
- Bluetooth wireless keyboard.
- DVD/Blu-Ray player.
- Wireless presentation remote control (aka a "clicker").
Using the Projector:
- To turn projector on, press ‘Power’ button on black control panel on wall.
- ‘Power’ button will blink indicating projector is warming up.
- Once projector turns on, ‘Power’ button light will be solid.
- To temporarily blackout display, press ‘Mute’ button on black control panel.
- To turn projector off, press and hold ‘Power’ for 3-5 seconds.
Using the Domain Mac Mini:
- Once the projector is on press ‘PC’ from black control panel on wall.
- Choose an operating system and login to Mac Mini with University username and password – OR – guest login credentials can be obtained from Help Desk.
Using a Laptop:
- Press ‘HDMI’ from black control panel on wall.
- Connect HDMI cable to laptop (use dongle if necessary for Mac laptop).
- Related: What is an HDMI Cable Used For?
- Press ‘VGA’ from black control panel on wall.
- Connect VGA cable to laptop (use dongle if necessary).
- For audio on laptop, plug in the corresponding audio cable into laptop’s headphone jack.
- Related: What is a VGA Cable Used For?
Using the DVD/Blu-ray Player:
- Press ‘Video’ from black control panel on wall.
- Blu-Ray player is located inside wooden cabinet.
- To turn player on, press ‘On/Off’ button from player or remote.
- Insert disc in player.
- DVD/Blu-Ray disc will start after insert (if not, press ‘play’ on player or remote).
- Remember to take DVD/Blu-Ray disc when finished.
- To turn player off, press ‘On/Off’ button from player or remote.
Using a Speakerphone:
The IP jack is on the north wall. Phone will automatically connect once it is plugged into the jack. Number for speakerphone is on the speakerphone's box and depends on which phone is used for the event.
- If everything is on but nothing is displaying on the projector, make sure the correct light is on on the control panel.
- If you're having other issues please refer to our guides for how to use the projector on the door near the control panel or contact the Help Desk.