Room 46 Information
To reserve Room 46, contact the main office in Rm 112 (333-3280). Please submit an AV request if you need technical support.
Room 46: capacity is 49 people.
Dual boot Mac Mini running Mac and Windows.
- Ethernet port for instructor's computer.
- Wireless internet.
- LCD projector.
- Projector screen.
- VGA cable for laptops.
- Network jack for speakerphone labeled "IP PHONE."
- Note: speakerphone only available by request.
- Wired mouse for instructor's machine.
- Wired keyboard for instructor's machine.
- DVD/Blu-Ray player.
- Wireless presentation remote control (aka a "clicker").
- USB hub.
Using the Projector:
- To turn projector on, press ‘ Display Power’ button on black control panel on wall.
- To temporarily blackout display, press ‘Video Mute’ button on control panel.
- To turn projector off, press 'Display Power'.
Using the Domain Mac Mini:
- Once the projector is on press ‘Computer’ from black control panel on wall. Move the mouse or hit a button on the keyboard to get the machine out of sleep mode.
- Choose an operating system and login to Mac Mini with University username and password.
Using a Laptop:
- Press ‘Laptop’ from black control panel on wall.
- Connect VGA cable to laptop (use dongle if necessary).
- For audio on laptop, plug in the corresponding audio cable into laptop’s headphone jack.
- Related: What is a VGA Cable Used For?
Using the DVD/Blu-ray Player:
- Press ‘Composite’ button on black control panel on wall.
- Blu-Ray player is located inside wooden cabinet.
- To turn player on, press ‘On/Off’ button from player or remote.
- Insert disc in player.
- DVD/Blu-Ray disc will start after insert (if not, press ‘play’ on player or remote).
- Remember to take DVD/Blu-Ray disc when finished.
- To turn player off, press ‘On/Off’ button from player or remote.
Deactivating the Projector
- Using the display control panel located on the east wall near the chalkboard, press and hold the "display power" button for 5 seconds to turn off the projector.
- The light will flash while the projector is cooling down and shut off when it is finished.
- If the projected image is not centered, use the "horizontal position" button (i.e., the up and down arrows) located on the display control panel to center it.
- If the computer or projector do not work as they should, please contact the Help Desk or refer to the Troubleshooting guide on the wall near the control panel.