Room 12: capacity is 32 people.
Room 12 Information
To reserve Room 12, contact the main office in Rm 112 (333-3280). Please submit an AV request if you need technical support.
Dual boot Mac Mini running Mac and Windows.
- Ethernet port for instructor's computer.
- Ethernet port for iSchool-owned laptops.
- Ethernet port for personal laptops running Tech Services VPN.
- Wireless internet.
- LCD projector.
- Projector screen.
- VGA cable for laptops.
- HDMI cable for laptops.
- Network jack for speakerphone labeled "IP PHONE."
- Note: speakerphone only available by request.
- Wired mouse for instructor's machine.
- Wired keyboard for instructor's machine.
- DVD/Blu-Ray player.
- Wireless presentation remote control (aka a "clicker").
- USB hub.
Using the Projector:
- To turn projector on, press ‘Power’ button on black control panel on wall.
- ‘Power’ button will blink indicating projector is warming up.
- Once projector turns on, ‘Power’ button light will be solid.
- To temporarily blackout display, press ‘Mute’ button on black control panel.
- To turn projector off, press and hold ‘Power’ for 3-5 seconds.
Using the Mac Mini:
- Once the projector is on press ‘PC’ from black control panel on wall.
- Choose an operating system and login to Mac Mini with NetID and password.
Using a Laptop:
- Press ‘HDMI’ from black control panel on wall.
- Connect HDMI cable to laptop (use dongle if necessary for Mac laptop).
- Related: What is an HDMI Cable Used For?
- Press ‘VGA’ from black control panel on wall.
- Connect VGA cable to laptop (use dongle if necessary).
- For audio on laptop, plug in the corresponding audio cable into laptop’s headphone jack.
- Related: What is a VGA Cable Used For?
Using the DVD/Blu-ray Player:
- Press ‘Video’ from black control panel on wall.
- Blu-Ray player is located inside wooden cabinet.
- To turn player on, press ‘On/Off’ button from player or remote.
- Insert disc in player.
- DVD/Blu-Ray disc will start after insert (if not, press ‘play’ on player or remote).
- Remember to take DVD/Blu-Ray disc when finished.
- To turn player off, press ‘On/Off’ button from player or remote.
- If everything is on but nothing is displaying on the projector, make sure the correct light is on on the control panel.
- If you're having other issues please refer to our guides for how to use the projector on the door near the control panel or contact the Help Desk.