Mind the Gaps! The Futures of the Field seeks to bring together scholars, artists, and other members of the international Comics Studies community for critical conversations about the futures of the field, in all its multidisciplinary and transcultural formations.
Registration (tickets) include access to panels / roundtables / related events (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday), lunch (Friday and Saturday), coffee breaks (two each day, Friday and Saturday), and a reception.
All conference events on Thursday (August 9) - except for the reception - are free and open to the public with no registration required.
Thursday, August 9, events include:
- Exhibits (cartoonists, UC-IMC Zine Library, special library exhibits, Urbana Free Library) 9:30am - 3:30pm (iSchool and Undergraduate Library)
- Panels, 10am - 4pm (iSchool and Undergraduate Library)
- KINDRED signing with Damian Duffy & John Jennings, 12 - 1pm (iSchool / Center for Children's Books)
- Artist Stacey Robinson on the Process of Creating I AM ALFONSO JONES, 12pm (Undergraduate Library)
- Cartoonist Mike Freiheit reading, 12:30pm (Undergraduate Library)
- Plenary with Whit Taylor & Hazel Newlevant, 4:15pm (112 David Kinley Hall)
Questions? Contact ctilley [at] illinois.edu (Carol Tilley), president of the Comics Studies Society.
Events will occur throughout the iSchool and elsewhere on campus.
If you will need disability-related accommodations in order to participate, please email the contact person. Early requests are strongly encouraged to allow sufficient time to meet your access needs.