IS 409 Storytelling
Fundamental principles of the art of storytelling including techniques of adaptation and presentation; content and sources of materials; methods of learning; practice in storytelling; planning the story hour for school and public libraries and other public information settings; and audio, video, and digital media.
- To explore story sources, selection, performance, and narration
- To tell stories and grapple with the practical aspects of storytelling as a communication art
- To gain a deeper theoretical understanding of the nature of story and its place in society
- To attain an understanding of folklore and its dissemination, along with awareness of ongoing controversies over the meaning and interpretation of tales
- To create programs using storytelling, for people of all ages
- To develop confidence that each person is already a storyteller with the potential to become a better one