Welcome to the Help Desk! We want to make the technology you use as simple and stable as possible so that you can focus on your studies. That being said, problems will occur and you may need support from time-to-time. We hope you will quickly discover that we are the friendliest support staff you have ever met, and that you can come to us with just about any question you can think to ask!
Before classes begin
- Make sure you can meet the Laptop Requirement.
- Claim your Net ID. You will need your Admit ID (found in your admission letter) and your University ID Number.
- Set your recovery options in case you forget your University of Illinois password.
- Log in to your University of Illinois email account and either check it regularly or have it forwarded.
- Log in to Zoom to activate your account and then sign on with SSO.
- Log in to Moodle and Canvas, the learning management systems used by the iSchool.
- Become familiar with our building facilities and hours.
- Get your mobile device on the wireless network.
- Learn how to check out audio/visual equipment.
Learn more about technology resources
- Review the technology tutorials in the iSchool Wiki (login will be required).
- Learn more about your Illinois accounts and passwords.
- Set up your Illinois Box.com file storage.
- Look into Lynda.com through the University of Illinois.
- Download free and discounted software through the University of Illinois Webstore.
- Look into discounted hardware through the University of Illinois Tech Zone.
Have any questions? Contact the Help Desk!
217-244-4903 or 800-377-1892
@iSchoolUI_Tech via Twitter
Hours of Operation
|To report after hours building emergencies, please call Campus Police at (217) 333-1216.|
Meet Collin, this week's featured iSchool Help Desk Pet of the Week! Collin is a sweet little pooch whose main job… https://t.co/grNiYE9fQP@iSchoolUI_Tech December 3 8:30 AM
Happy Wednesday, iSchoolers! This week's Tech Tip is about how to use Spotlight Search on Macs. Read our full Tech… https://t.co/LzPSUHt8KW@iSchoolUI_Tech December 1 4:06 PM
We made a typo: the information is on our blog, not the Wiki. The link is the exact same, though! :)@iSchoolUI_Tech November 30 8:45 AM
With the semester drawing to a close, we want offer a little something extra for our graduates and their lovable an… https://t.co/MSoBL5Dz8k@iSchoolUI_Tech November 29 1:00 PM
Tell us your favorite jam!!! The most popular jam wins!!! https://t.co/wJfpnecZ3m@iSchoolUI_Tech November 29 10:00 AM