Welcome to the Help Desk! We want to make the technology you use as simple and stable as possible so that you can focus on your studies. That being said, problems will occur and you may need support from time-to-time. We hope you will quickly discover that we are the friendliest support staff you have ever met, and that you can come to us with just about any question you can think to ask!
Before classes begin
- Make sure you can meet the Laptop Requirement.
- Claim your Net ID. You will need your Admit ID (found in your admission letter) and your University ID Number.
- Set your recovery options in case you forget your University of Illinois password.
- Log in to your University of Illinois email account and either check it regularly or have it forwarded.
- Log in to Zoom to activate your account and then sign on with SSO.
- Log in to Canvas, the learning management system used by the iSchool.
- Become familiar with our building facilities and hours.
- Get your mobile device on the wireless network.
- Learn how to check out audio/visual equipment.
Learn more about technology resources
- Review the technology tutorials in the iSchool Wiki (login will be required).
- Learn more about your Illinois accounts and passwords.
- Set up your Illinois Box.com file storage.
- Look into Lynda.com through the University of Illinois.
- Download free and discounted software through the University of Illinois Webstore.
- Look into discounted hardware through the University of Illinois Tech Zone.
Have any questions? Contact the Help Desk!
501 E. Daniel St.
Hours of Operation
*After September 5, the Help Desk will operate primarily from 614 E. Daniel.
614 E. Daniel Street
|Hours of Operation
Monday - Thursday: 8am - 6pm Central Time
Friday: 8am - 5pm Central Time
|To report after hours building emergencies, please call Campus Police at (217) 333-1216.|
Orders are due Sunday! Get yours in now! https://t.co/yVV5BR3oiX@iSchoolUI_Tech December 5 11:12 AM
Final exams are drawing near. Share a picture of your favorite study spot on campus. #MotivationalMonday https://t.co/NLkX4qrrkU@iSchoolUI_Tech December 5 10:00 AM
This week’s Pet of the Week is Arthur! This collie "something-or-other” is only a few months old, but he’s just abo… https://t.co/QsghdXcOEt@iSchoolUI_Tech December 2 9:00 AM
Tech Tip of the Week: Having trouble entering your class's Zoom room from Canvas? You may need to temporarily adjus… https://t.co/oGtkJw4phr@iSchoolUI_Tech November 30 1:15 PM
Award your pet with an iSchool diploma! You can either come to the Help Desk to pick one up or visit our blog to pr… https://t.co/XNgIneOfLd@iSchoolUI_Tech November 30 9:00 AM