Welcome to the Help Desk! We want to make the technology you use as simple and stable as possible so that you can focus on your studies. That being said, problems will occur and you may need support from time-to-time. We hope you will quickly discover that we are the friendliest support staff you have ever met, and that you can come to us with just about any question you can think to ask!
Before classes begin
- Make sure you can meet the Laptop Requirement.
- Claim your Net ID. You will need your Admit ID (found in your admission letter) and your University ID Number.
- Set your recovery options in case you forget your University of Illinois password.
- Log in to your University of Illinois email account and either check it regularly or have it forwarded.
- Log in to Moodle, the iSchool learning management system.
- Become familiar with our building facilities and hours.
- Get your mobile device on the wireless network.
- Learn how to check out audio/visual equipment.
Learn more about technology resources
- Review the technology tutorials in the iSchool Wiki (login will be required).
- Learn more about your Illinois accounts and passwords.
- Set up your Illinois Box.com file storage.
- Look into Lynda.com through the University of Illinois.
- Download free and discounted software through the University of Illinois Webstore.
- Look into discounted hardware through the University of Illinois Tech Zone.
Have any questions? Contact the Help Desk!
217-244-4903 or 800-377-1892
@iSchoolUI_Tech via Twitter
Hours of Operation
|To report after hours building emergencies, please call Campus Police at (217) 333-1216.|
This week's Tech Tip shares the iSchool's laptop requirements for both graduate and undergraduate students! 💻 https://t.co/DK9mLKbRoq@iSchoolUI_Tech August 11 12:52 PM
Our Pet of the Week is extra special this week: the tiniest friend, Lu! Lu was adopted recently by her human, Brand… https://t.co/V0fUznqIor@iSchoolUI_Tech August 7 3:13 PM