The School of Information Sciences is located in two spaces: 501 E. Daniel Street building (corner of 5th and Daniel) and the 4th and 5th floors of 614 E. Daniel Street (Hub building next to the Illini Union Bookstore). If you have accessibility needs for a special event or for employment reasons, please contact Assistant Director of Facilities Tad Schroeder.
Please note that due to internal demands for space requests, we are currently not able to accommodate requests from non-iSchool groups.
501 E. Daniel Street
The iSchool building, located at 501 E. Daniel Street, is open from 7:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m. on all University business days. Current iSchool faculty, staff, and students have 24/7 swipe access. Accessibility floor plans
614 E. Daniel Street
The 4th and 5th floors of 614 E. Daniel Street are open from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. on all University business days. Current iSchool faculty, staff, and PhD students have 24/7 swipe access. Current iSchool MS and BS students have swipe access on all University business days until 11:59 p.m. and non-University business days from 8:00 a.m.-11:59 p.m. 4th floor and 5th floor accessibility floor plans
Reserving a room
Reservations are required for all iSchool rooms and should be made at least one business day in advance. Reservation requests will be approved for the current semester only.
Same day requests cannot be guaranteed. Requests made after business hours (including weekends) will be reviewed on the next business day.
To reserve a room, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- title of meeting/event (or purpose if no title)
- date(s) of meeting/event
- start and end time of meeting/event
- number of people expected
- technology needs (if applicable)
- preferred building or room (if applicable)
A confirmation email with details will be sent once the request has been completed. iSchool staff reserves the right to schedule your meeting/event in the most appropriate room for your needs, which may be different than the requested room.
Please note that all room requests are considered tentative until you receive a confirmation email that your request has been accepted.
If your meeting/event is cancelled, please email email@example.com to cancel the reservation so that the room can be made available to others.
Room Reservation Guidelines
- If your meeting/event requires technical support, please submit the Audio/Visual Support Request Form.
- If your meeting/event requires special layout arrangements, please contact Assistant Director of Facilities Tad Schroeder at least one week prior to your event.
- Reservations are scheduled when the meeting/event begins. If you need a tech check or prep time before your meeting/event, please include that in your request.
- Please restore the room to its original layout, clean whiteboards, and place all trash in receptacles at the conclusion of your event/meeting.
- Please end your meeting/event at the scheduled time so the next meeting/event can begin on time.
- In order to allow all iSchool students, faculty, and staff access to meeting space, rooms can only be reserved for up to four hours at a time for student meetings. In addition, recurring student meetings can only be made one month at time.