The iSchool alumni network spans decades of knowledge, an amazing breadth of career options, and locations around the world. By staying connected with the iSchool, you are sharing your experiences with our community while also learning from and networking with others. Take advantage of the opportunities to meet others in your field of interest, find iSchoolers who live in your region, or join the School at upcoming events!
When you engage with the iSchool, you make a difference. Whether you’re an employer or an alum—or both—your expertise, perspective, and feedback add a valuable dimension to our programming and to our students’ experiences. These connections change lives and shape the future of information in the workplace and beyond.
iSchool students bring a wealth of expertise to the workplace. They work in a variety of roles, from librarian to data scientist, in multiple job sectors. They are valuable to any employer whose product or service relies on information as key to its success.
Here are some of the ways you can make these important connections with students:
- Serve on a "tech talk" or career panel.
- Host an information session or site visit.
- Participate in our career fair prep series (critiquing resumés and conducting mock interviews).
- Mentor a student.
- Host a student for a practicum or hire an intern.
- Sponsor a hackathon, design jam, or case competition.