The iSchool offers a series of workshops and events that complement and support the curriculum and professional development of students.
Explore Courses and Careers
This workshop series is designed to connect the curricular paths with the professional outcomes across the information sciences. This includes an alumni panel presentation followed by advising conversations.
- Courses and Careers: Information Architecture & Design (recorded 10/24/17)
- Courses and Careers: Youth Services (recorded 10/25/17)
Faculty Research Lightning Talks
These are short introductions to faculty members' research, presented throughout the year with time for Q&A from students.
- Jana Diesner, Sharon Irish, and Kathryn LaBarre (recorded 9/26/17)
- Peter Darch and Ian Brooks (recorded 10/3/17)
- Rachel Magee, Jerome McDonough, and Nicole Cooke (recorded 10/23/17)
- Melissa Ocepek, Jodi Schneider, and Maria Bonn (recorded 11/14/17)
Career Development Series
This series of workshops, events, resume critiques and experiences occur over 4-6 weeks in the Spring term and is focused around professional development.
- Preparing to Present: The Job Interview! (recorded 2/10/17)
- Etiquette in the Job Search and Negotiating Offers (recorded 4/24/17)
Master's Student Showcase
The showcase is an opportunity for MS/LIS, MS/IM, and CAS students to present projects, research, or other work of interest to the iSchool community in both a poster session and lightning talk format.
Have a question or want to learn more about the workshops we offer? I can help!