IS 418 Community Engagement
Community engagement refers to the multiple ways that information professionals in libraries and other settings learn about, collaborate with, and provide service and outreach to community members. Provides an introduction to, and overview of, community engagement theory and practice. A significant portion of coursework will take the form of service learning or community-based research via approved projects that match students' interests.
- Why and how libraries can engage their communities and support community change
- How communities work, how to analyze and mobilize resources
- How information professionals and institutions can support civic renewal
- How students can be change agents with the confidence to work on community projects
- How to access and contribute to resources to support community engagement
IS418AGO - Community EngagementWed, 5:00 pm - 7:50 pmOnlineRestricted to students in Information Sciences.
- Martin Wolske
- 16 weeks
- Credit hours