IS 501 Reference and Information Services
Explores reference and information services in a variety of settings, introduces widely used print and online sources, and develops question negotiation skills and search strategies.
- Describe, compare and evaluate different types of electronic & print information sources and use selected examples.
- Understand and apply techniques of question negotiation.
- Analyze an information need and identify types of sources likely to meet that need.
- Develop and apply appropriate search strategies for information retrieval.
- Be able to comprehend and discuss reference services and issues within the context of different types of libraries and information centers.
Textbooks and Course Materials
Available from the Illinois Union Bookstore (IUB).