IS 501 Reference and Information Services
Explores reference and information services in a variety of settings, introduces widely used print and online sources, and develops question negotiation skills and search strategies.
- Describe, compare and evaluate different types of electronic & print information sources and use selected examples.
- Understand and apply techniques of question negotiation.
- Analyze an information need and identify types of sources likely to meet that need.
- Develop and apply appropriate search strategies for information retrieval.
- Be able to comprehend and discuss reference services and issues within the context of different types of libraries and information centers.