Apply for our innovative BS in Information Sciences (BS/IS) program!

students walking on Quad in the fall

First-time University of Illinois applicants

Students who will be entering the University of Illinois for the first time (first-year and off-campus transfer students) should apply through the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Please contact Admissions with questions about the application process, requirements, and visits. Specific questions about our program may be directed to

Current University of Illinois undergraduates

If you are a current Illinois undergraduate student and wish to change your major to information sciences, please view our Intercollegiate Transfer (ICT) process. Sign up for our interested student email list. Current students may email with questions.

Additional details about our program and advising may be found on our BS/IS Blog.