The iSchool is expanding rapidly, adding programs, faculty, and students. In the past four years, student enrollment and the number of faculty have nearly doubled. A new partnership created by Dean Eunice E. Santos, the iSchool Dean's Innovation Council (iDIC), provides an opportunity for leaders to engage with and benefit the School as it continues to grow.
iDIC members will serve three- or five-year terms at the dean's discretion. Current members consist of a diverse group of individuals in terms of gender, race, culture, age, and organizations, represented as follows:
- Brenna Berman, Chair, Executive Vice President of Strategic Partnerships, Dense Air Networks, LP
- Rose Afriyie, Co-Founder, mRelief
- Glenn Eden, Strategic Communication Advisor and Board Chair, Choose Chicago
- Adam Hecktman, Founder and Chief Data Architect, For Good Advisory, LLC
- Amanda Lannert, CEO, Jellyvision
- Roger Liew, Operating Partner, Impact Engine
- Harper Reed, Entrepreneur
- Robert Wedgeworth, former American Library Association (ALA) Executive Director and ALA Honorary Member
The purpose of iDIC is to advance the mission of the iSchool by providing expertise to leadership, particularly Dean Santos; by serving as a bridge to connect the School with different sectors; and by strengthening relationships with alumni, donors, key stakeholders, and other constituencies. The work of the iDIC will inform and educate audiences in order to raise the visibility of the iSchool's excellence in teaching, research, and engagement.
"These bright minds and important voices recognize the value of our School to their respective fields and society as a whole," said Santos. "They are eager to collaborate and expand our School’s impact."