PhD, Information Sciences, Illinois (in progress)
MS, Information Management, Syracuse University
BA LLB (JD equivalent in U.S.), University of Delhi
BA, History (Hons), Lady Shri Ram College for Women, University of Delhi
Honors and Awards
- IAPP Privacy Award 2021 (SOUPS 2021) (virtual conference) - Awarded IAPP Privacy award for presenting first 1st - authored paper on People’s Perspectives on Solely Automated Decision-Making (SADM) at the Seventeenth Symposium on Usable Privacy and Security (SOUPS 2021) conference.
- SOUPS Student Grant (SOUPS 2021) (virtual conference) – Awarded full scholarship to attend SOUPS 2021, a premier venue for usable privacy and security research with a 26% acceptance rate for 2021
- SOUPS Student Volunteer (SOUPS 2021) (virtual conference) – Selected as student volunteer for Seventeenth Symposium on Usable Privacy and Security (SOUPS 2021)
- CHI Student Volunteer (CHI’21) (virtual conference) - Selected as student volunteer for Conference on Human Computer Interaction (CHI) 2021. Also selected for Accessibility Task Force as a point of contact for accessibility support during conference
- IAPP Privacy Award 2019 (SOUPS 2019) at Santa Clara, CA- Awarded IAPP Privacy award for presenting a paper on inclusive privacy for people with visual impairment at the Fifteenth Symposium on Usable Privacy and Security (SOUPS 2019) conference.
- John R. Weitzel Memorial Award Scholar 2019 for Information Systems Research at Syracuse, NY, 13210- Awarded graduate award for demonstrating excellence in the area of information systems through coursework and research.
- Grace Hopper Conference 2018 (GHC’18) Scholar at Houston, TX– Awarded full scholarship to attend the world’s largest conference of women in computing.
- Information Management Faculty Engagement Scholar (IMFES) merit fellowship (2017) at Syracuse University, iSchool.
Publications & Papers
S.Kaushik, Y.Yao, P.Dewitt, Y.Wang: "How I know for sure": People's Perspectives on Solely Automated Decision-Making (SADM). Accepted at Symposium for Usable Privacy and Security (SOUPS 2021).
J.Hayes, S.Kaushik, CE.Price, Y.Wang: Cooperative Privacy & Security: Learning from People with Visual Impairments and Their Allies. Accepted at Symposium for Usable Privacy and Security (SOUPS 2019).
Y.Yao, J.R.Basdeo, S.Kaushik, Y.Wang: Defending My Castle: A Co-Design Study of Privacy Mechanisms for Smart Homes. Accepted at Conference on ACM Human Factors in Computer Systems (CHI 2019).S. Kaushik, Y. Wang: Enabling Privacy by Design in GDPR: An Analysis of Industry Tool Support. Accepted at CHI-GDPR Workshop titled “The General Data Protection Regulation, an opportunity for the HCI Community?" (CHI 2018).
S. Kaushik, J.S. Chawla: Interoperability and Standardization of IoT Technology: A Legal perspective. Accepted at Osmania University Seminar titled "National Seminar on Information Technology and Law – Issues, Concerns, and Challenges" (2016).