Transform learning for today's youth
Do you want to create innovative learning environments that contribute to the success of the next generation, but you don't have a background in education? Our MSLIS School Librarian Licensure program is designed specifically for you. As a graduate of our program, you'll be qualified to receive an Illinois Professional Educator License with a special (PreK-12) library information specialist endorsement. Not only will you have the option of serving as a school library professional, you will have expanded career opportunities in youth services, community outreach, and public librarianship.
How do school librarians make a difference?
- Empower youth as learners, creators, and knowledge experts
- Build community and instructional partnerships
- Integrate digital tools to support transformational learning
- Ensure equitable access to educational resources for all students
- Engage youth as participatory global and digital citizens