The iSchool Professional Mentor Program opens the door to connections with working professionals to help you expand your networking and understanding of career opportunities. In this program, you will conduct three half-hour interviews and one half-day job shadow (if your mentor is within traveling distance). We have 60+ mentors eager to answer your questions and provide feedback on your professional materials. You MUST attend an orientation session to participate. Participants will then meet individually with Michele Plante (mplante [at] illinois.edu) within a week of orientation to select a mentor.
Comments from students who participated in the spring:
- “My mentor has been marvelous.”
- “I had a wonderful experience.”
- “This was a great program (and) a great way to find out more about a field you’re interested in.”
- “I loved that I was able to participate in a brief job shadow.”
- “This program is really fantastic and I am so honored to have been part of it.”
- “The best part was the amount of information I learned.”
iSchool 109 and online at bit.ly/2fyqnP1
For disability-related accommodations, contact the event organizer or MT Hudson (217-333-0885, firstname.lastname@example.org).