- Demonstrate proficiency with statistical and computational analysis of data
- Create informative and accurate visualizations of data
- Build and evaluate data-based models
- Describe, curate, and manage data
- Understand and manage issues of reproducibility
- Understand and address ethical issues in data science, such as access, bias, and privac
- Apply data science skills and concepts in projects or research, and communicate and interpret results
The iSchool is dedicated to student success, and our career services team collaborates across campus to leverage resources in support of our students. These resources include multiple platforms and programs to facilitate career readiness and job search strategy. In addition, our School offers career coaching, mentoring, a career fair, employer site visits, individual counseling, and internship and practicum opportunities to prepare students for professional success.
After graduation, you'll be able to analyze information challenges in a variety of industries, including finance and insurance, information technology, and professional, scientific, and technical services. Examples of careers include data analyst, data scientist, database administrator, technology consultant, and data visualization engineer.