Kyrie Zhixuan Zhou
PhD, Information Sciences, Illinois (in progress)
BEng, Computer Science (with honors), Wuhan University
Honors and Awards
- Recognition for Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion, CSCW, 2023
- SOUPS Student Grant, USENIX, 2023
- Best Paper Award (11/678, 1.6%), HICSS, 2023
- Irwin Fellowship, UIUC, 2020
- Sharp Katharine Fellowship, UIUC, 2020
Publications & Papers
Kyrie Zhixuan Zhou and Madelyn Rose Sanfilippo. 2024. Public Perceptions of Gender Bias in Large Language Models: Cases of ChatGPT and Ernie. arXiv.
Kyrie Zhixuan Zhou, Jiaxun Cao, Xiaowen Yuan, Daniel E. Weissglass, Zachary Kilhoffer, Madelyn Rose Sanfilippo, and Xin Tong. 2024. “I'm Not Confident in Debiasing AI Systems Since I Know Too Little”: Teaching AI Creators About Gender Bias Through Hands-on Tutorials. arXiv.
Zhixuan Zhou, Bohui Shen, Franziska Zimmer, Chuanli Xia, and Xin Tong. 2023. More Than a Wife and a Mom: A Study of Mom Vlogging Practices in China. In 26th ACM Conference On Computer-Supported Cooperative Work And Social Computing (CSCW).
Zhixuan Zhou*, Tanusree Sharma*, Luke Emano, Sauvik Das, and Yang Wang. 2023. Iterative Design of An Accessible Crypto Wallet for Blind Users. In 19th Symposium on Usable Privacy and Security (SOUPS).
Zhixuan Zhou, Jiao Sun, Jiaxin Pei, Nanyun Peng, Jinjun Xiong, and Yang Wang. 2023. A Moral- and Event- Centric Discovery of Gender Bias in Fairy Tales at A Large Scale. In 9th International Conference on Computational Social Science (IC2S2).
Zhixuan Zhou*, Zhixin Shi*, Abhinav Choudhry, Mengyi Wei, Xiang Chen, and Bohui Shen. 2023. Ethical Concerns of COVID-19 Contact Tracing: A Narrative Review. In 25th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction (HCI International).
Zhixuan Zhou*, Tanusree Sharma*, Yun Huang, and Yang Wang. 2022. “It's A Blessing and A Curse”: Unpacking Creators' Practices with Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) and Their Communities. In Crypto Economics Security Conference (CESC).
Zhixuan Zhou, Zixin Wang, and Franziska Zimmer. 2023. Anonymous Expression in an Online Community for Women in China. In 56th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS).
Zhixuan Zhou, Xianghua Ding, Xinru Tang, and Yunan Chen. 2022. “I Prefer an Everyday Style and Dislike Big Food Fighters”: Integrating Foodshow into Everyday Life. In 55th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS).
Zhixuan Zhou, Huankang Guan, Meghana Moorthy Bhat, and Justin Hsu. 2019. Fake News Detection via NLP is Vulnerable to Adversarial Attacks. In 11th International Conference on Agents and Artificial Intelligence (ICAART). In 14th Women in Machine Learning Workshop (WiML) co-located with NeurIPS.
* indicates equal contribution.
In the News
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Computational Social Science, Social Computing
- Human Computer Interaction, User Experience, Computer Supported Cooperative Work
- Privacy, Security, and Trust
- Social Media
- Ethics and Values for Information
- FATE (fairness, accountability, transparency, ethics)
- Natural Language Processing, Text Mining, Text Analysis, Computational Linguistics
- Computing for Social Good